Wednesday, October 10, 2007

humming...

Well, as of today, I am working with the kids and I am so grateful for them, their sheer joy and all the subtle ways they let us know what they are really needing to flourish. I have too figure out how to incorporate paulo freires work here (Pedagogy of the Oppressed).

I'll be teaching physics 2 days a week at the Kula 'Ike community school in Hana. This is with kids ages 11-14 and then I have one block of time with the little ones to free form activities.

I see us arriving more fully in our study of the physical world through nature. I will be covering sound, light and warmth.

Volunteering at laulima farms too for garden-talk sessions. Hitch hiked back with a local named Kalalau, he showed me the fresh water spring where he gets his water, I helped him gather and we talked about incompetence of tourism and the realities of farming.

I value simplicity.

No comments: