Friday, October 19, 2007

Gayatri Mantra

Om Bhur Bhuvas Suvaha

Om tat savitur vareNayM
bhargo devasya dhimahi
dhiyo yo nah prachodayat

bhur bhuvas suvar Om.

Although I have committed to going to Bali in January, and thus devoted myself in a way to being present with what comes up for me while learning this mantra....

I invite you to do the same. You can google it and get recordings.

My interpretation is:

We contemplate the love of light, illuminating all sheaths of being.

I am that pulsing power, radiance and clarity. I embody divine grace and universal intelligence.

We pray that divine light illuminates all of the human mind.

**********************************************************************************


Happy to say 3 of six garden beds have been tilled and amended! I have been sifting all our rocky soil and partially decomposed compost as I go, so it's been an elongated process. But the soil is fertile and the people are joyful to see the land looking so attended!

Trading seeds even, such pleasures!

Learned to cook arepas today-amazing corn patties de columbia. Learning so many little things. Sprouting and grains, making a musical instrument for the kids at school using pythagrean triangle, making mandalas that calculate string/tube length for instruments for acoustic portion of physics.

Soon I'll make time for art and yoga!

Love you all.

No comments: