Friday, September 21, 2007

My Evergreen Class this year is entitled:

Family: Inspiration of significant others.


And in the spirit of continually pushing my own edges:
I hopped a plane to Maui and arrived in a place
where I knew no one and have been challenged with the
task of creating a new family. As quickly as possible.

As I am quickly reminded, traveling solo, that I can't and
don't want to forge this path alone. Despite my strong
push towards independence from you, my new found family
(bless your hearts), as soon as you are here.

So I dive in and am adopted, staying with Uliai in Makawao,
before we head to the land in Kipahulu. So far, so intense.
Uliai is a angelic woman with a creative fire that demands a
constantly mirrored energy level. I am confronted with every
moment in which I have neglected my creative power-all in
this moment. Which lead to an overflow of emotion and
sheer vulnerability. Both a must in my book.

I am again humbled and thankful to share space
with such a teacher.

No comments: